Welcome to GregBowe.com
Here you'll get a glimpse of my professional career, skills, and more. Take your time and be sure to contact me when you see something that interests you!
My experience is broad - if you don't see what you're looking for, just ask.Contact Me
Senior UX Content Strategist Passionate About Creating Excellent Experiences
I help organizations define priorities, refine processes, and establish new systems in order to exceed performance goals. By focusing on the user’s experience - and effectively communicating goals and expectations, I've led teams that have developed and implemented processes and governance models for content creation, implementation, and optimization.
If you're looking for someone with a solid background in communication and planning, IT systems, and digital innovation, along with a respect for people and mission, contact me today!
Pentagon Federal Credit Union (PenFed): Tysons, VA December 2016 to Present
Senior UX Content Strategist
Providing content leadership and vision across the digital spectrum. Focusing on the user’s experience and organizational goals led to developing processes and governance for content creation, implementation, and optimization during the re-platforming of PenFed.org to Adobe Experience Manager. As a member of the Digital Innovations teams, I collaborate with developers, programmers, product experts and business analysts to promote better user experiences, identify challenges, create new workflows, and improve processes throughout the team.
Successing include creating and implementing Website governance, accessisiblity processes, SEO strategy, and more. Here are a few samples
Branded Holdings LLC: Tampa, FL September 2014 to October 2016
Increased brand value and revenue through leadership, strategic initiatives, team and vendor management, process improvements, and information architecture for three lead-generation domains using a combination of analytical and creative thinking.
Structural improvements were made by:
- Championing information architecture best practices to engineering and development teams.
- Defining project requirements, expectations, roadmaps, and budget.
- Structuring data, prototyping user interfaces, and optimize the user experience.
- Creating and documenting taxonomy, schema, relational engine design, API design and user interface roadmap for 400K+ quote SQL database and app.
- Translating app concept into executable project, including creating design specifications, information architecture, logic flow charts and user interfaces.
Exceeded KPI’s and improved revenue through::
- Leading and serving as editor for content creation teams.
- Managing and optimized media and email campaigns from inception to completion with usability studies, analytic data, and A/B testing.
- Creating personas, buyer journey maps and buying cycles, identifying target markets, and filling content gaps.
Secured funding by collaborating with founder by:
- Creating executive presentations, white papers, flowcharts, and prototypes that spoke to company investors.
- Translated detailed technical information into language investors could understand and act on.
- Identifying and explaining best practices, creative processes, and workflows.
MaxQ Group, Oldsmar, FL May 2014 to Present
Web Development and Consulting
Current projects include information architecture, web development, back-end system administration, DB management, and front-end development.
- Migrated and redesigned local business site using NGINX/PHP configuration for Wordpress.
- Created various mobile-first landing pages and websites using Bootstrap and Django frameworks.
AAMP of America, Clearwater, FL March 2014 to September 2014
Social Media and Content Strategist
Improved e-commerce business and increased B2B and B2C sales using digital and traditional marketing, including in-store displays, traditional advertising, digital campaigns, and website improvements.
- Created and improved KPI’s for digital marketing by building, analyzing and translating web metrics into usable design improvements.
- Improved site navigation by defining taxonomies, structure, and process flow for various product lines.
- Improved in-store displays by integrating taxonomies across marketing channels.
- Was the primary liaison between business units, vendors, and technology.
- Increased e-commerce revenue by 80% by successfully migrated site to Magento platform, including rebuilding information architecture, payment solutions, and inventory management.
- Successfully lead an effort to upgrade Windows IIS server with Linux - Apache - MySQL - PHP stack.
- Integrated global distributors into social media campaigns.
Branded Holdings LLC: Tampa, FL May 2013 to January 2014
Improved overall site performance through integrated content strategy and improved site structure and navigation.
Content improvements included:
- Launching major content upgrades resulting in increased user interaction, more time-on-page, decreased bounce rates and improved conversion rates.
- Managing and editing remote teams of creatives and content producers.
- Providing comprehensive site audits competitive intelligence and market research.
- Completing website redesign project, including upgrading the information architecture, improving site navigation, and improving the admin user experience.
- Improving user engagement as measured by time-on-page, bounce rates, and social shares.
- Reduced annual content creation costs by over $125,000 and lead-time through effectively building freelancer/contractor network, contract negotiation, and management, and creative problem solving.
Universal Health Care, St. Petersburg, FL 2010 to March 2013
Developed and wrote a wide variety of content following CMS’ guidelines - with a focus on user-centered design and conversion rates including:
- Direct mail campaigns
- Medicare newsletters
- Medicaid-focused articles
- Landing pages
- Corporate messaging
- Press releases
- and more
Marketing objectives met through collaboration with various departments, including sales, pharmacy, member services, provider services, legal and others.
- Increased direct mail response rates over 50% from 2011 to 2012 on several campaigns.
- Successfully collaborated with various departments to update and improve sales training manuals and presentations.
Horizon Bay Retirement Living, Tampa, FL 2009 to 2010
Responsible for developing and writing sales material, print ads, and numerous community flyers as well as designing and updating numerous ROP ads.
Developed targeted and unique copy for regional communities.
Developed corporate communications and corporate profile pieces.
Western Reserve Life/AEGON, St. Petersburg, FL 1997 to 2009
Marketing Strategist/Copywriter (2002 – Feb. 2009)
Developed a wide variety of printed and digital media for Registered Investment Advisors, Financial Planners, CPA’s and other investment professionals (and their clients) including product brochures, newsletters, digital content, email marketing, sales and prospecting material, advanced training courses, presentations and much more.
Successfully managed new life insurance product releases, advanced sales concepts and training programs for WRL’s strategic partners while working closely with C-level executives, actuaries, and other project stakeholders.
Remember: This only highlights some of my experience. Call me today and let's discuss how I can improve your business.